Horiuchi Egoma Oil Natural Japanese Perilla Seed Oil 105g
Horiuchi is an edible oil production company based in Kumamoto, Japan. With over 70 years of history, they’re dedicated to making healthy, delicious and nutritious oils for cooking.
Their egoma oil is pressed from perilla seeds grown completely free from pesticides, by the Yamae Village Perilla Production Association in the southern part of Kumamoto Prefecture.
The perilla seed oil is collected by using the old-fashioned pressing methods of the region, which is a tradition Horiuchi aims to protect. They don’t use solvents to extract their oils, so you can rest assured that you’ll be experiencing the natural flavors and nutrients of the perilla seed without added chemicals.
Their process is simple, but takes a lot of effort. Perilla seeds are carefully roasted in a large pot, then squeezed in a press to extract the oil. The oil is washed with warm water, then filtered to remove impurities. Finally, it’s bottled and sold.
- Rich in α-Linolenic acid; an omega-3 fatty acid that forms DHA and EPA
- Made with pesticide-free grown Japanese shiso
- Natural and unrefined oil without additives nor preservatives
- Versatile oil suitable to use as a topping or seasoning
Horiuchi recommends adding one teaspoon of their perilla oil to miso soup, natto, salad, or vegetable juice once a day, to increase your daily intake of the healthy, natural fatty acids it contains.
Perilla oil is sensitive to heat, so they don’t recommend you expose it to direct heat, but use it as a finishing oil or flavor enhancer.
- Net weight: 105g
- Ingredients: Japanese perilla seeds
- Nutrition facts (per 100g): Energy 900kcal, protein 0g, fat 100g, carbohydrates 0g, sodium 0g
- Made in Japan