Handa Tamari Shoyu Gluten Free Japanese Soy Sauce 360ml
While shoyu (Japanese soy sauce) is pretty popular internationally today, it is a tamari shoyu that many foreign customers, especially those who grasp the key features of shoyu, are looking for. The good news for them is that authentic tamari soy sauce is available at our store.
Tamari shoyu is a variation of soy sauce which features a dark color, strong flavor, viscous texture, and extreme savoriness. It is a very rare type of shoyu because it is said that only 1.6% of all of the soy sauce makers in Japan manufacture tamari shoyu.
This tamari sauce is a gluten-free condiment. Instead of using flour, they use kinako (roasted soybean powder) as a substitute. As a result, it has more essential amino acids than types of shoyu that use wheat.
Free of chemical condiments, the base ingredients are whole soybean and salt.
Trivia: because tamari shoyu literally translates as “pooled soy sauce” and it is richer and thicker, most people may think that tamari sauce appears salty, however its salt content is actually almost the same as the standard soy sauces.
Basically, you can use this product in the same way as ordinary soy sauces, but because of its super rich umami, you can also use it as the following:
- Removes fishy smell, perfect condiment for fish dishes and sashimi.
- Makes the dishes look beautiful, this sauce turns red when heated, so when you cook the stewed dishes you will be surprised with its lovely color.
- It also smells better when heated, so coat this soy sauce on a rice cake and cook it well.
- Umami makes the foods taste richer, resulting in less use and consumption of salt.
- Net contents: 360ml
- Ingredients: Whole soybean, salt, alcohol
- Potential allergens: None
- Note: Store the container in a refrigerator and away from impact and direct sunlight.
- Made in Japan